The purpose of this page is to connect you to ongoing ministries that have moved to online platforms, to care for physical and spiritual needs, spiritual growth resources and more - all in one place. Click on the headings below to find full details.
Devotional Plan - new series for September
NEW- MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
If you or someone you love is struggling mentally or emotionally, you are not alone! We are here to help you find hope and support in whatever you’re going through. Below are some resources our pastoral team has gathered for you to watch or share.
Is it ok to not be ok?
Yes, it is. A good first step would be to watch these short introductory videos about anxiety, depression and suicide. They will help orient you to a Christ-centered approach to the most common mental health problems.
Compass & Light | Depression - YouTube
How do I know if I or someone I love is dealing with anxiety, depression or suicidal thoughts? And what do I do next?
Recently, one of our pastors sat down with some local counselors and therapists. In their conversation, they talk about signs to look out for and helpful tips on how to grow toward greater mental and spiritual health. Watch this panel here or below.
Is there anyone I can talk to about my mental, emotional and spiritual health?
Small groups are still meeting online! If your group is meeting online, send us a screenshot or tag us on social media.
- MESSAGE RESOURCES - DCC messages recommended by the teaching team.
- COMMUNION - Walkthrough communion with a pastor
- PRAYING THROUGH SCRIPTURE - Watch Pastor Marc use Psalm 23 as a guide and model on how we can use Scripture to pray.
- VIDEO DEVOTIONAL PLAN -
Join us in Proverbs for August's video devotional plan.
GOD IN THE STORM eBOOK
God in the Storm - offered now as a free eBook
Marc Maillefer, Author
When the storms of life come, we are most often caught by surprise - like lightning on a sunny day. This book comes out of a time like that, when my wife Lori was diagnosed with breast cancer - no family history, in perfect health and then overnight her Doctor tells us she’s not going to make it. Our 5 kids' ages spanned age 5-17. The fear was suffocating and at times overwhelming, yet day after day through His daily kindnesses, God held us up.
Lori and I trust that our story would encourage you and those you know going through a “storm.” God is with us and for us and able to use hard things for good in our lives. May this book draw you to Jesus and make you more like Him!
This eBook is a free download, readable by the following devices:
- Apple iPad
- For those that do not have any of the devices listed above, you can read it here.
COVID-19 HOW CAN I HELP?
- JOIN A PRAYER TEAM - Help care for our church family through prayer.
- VOLUNTEER - Want to know how you can help? Start here.
- GIVE ONLINE - Donate online to support the ongoing ministries of Door Creek Church that are committed to serving our church and our community.
- #FILLTHEVAN | Tuesdays 10-12 pm
We will be collecting non-perishable food and toiletry items at Metro Market on Tuesdays from 9-11 am to benefit families in need from Mendota, Westside and Sandburg Elementary Schools.
- SEWING MASKS - Sewing skills not necessary! More info at the Dane Country Mask Makers website and Facebook group.
We love to partner with parents! Check out some of the great new digital ways to help you guide your kids in conversations about Jesus. All the latest updates and lessons are found on the DCC Kids page or on DCC Kids Facebook page.
RACE PANEL DISCUSSION
Panel discussion on race, hosted by Pastor David, Northside Madison Campus pastor
As a predominantly white community, we want to share with our brothers and sisters of color our commitment to face our failings, embrace our learning, and love as Jesus first loved us. Full version available on YouTube and Vimeo.
*Please note recording software cut out in a couple of areas, and those sections were replaced with audio directly from the camera. The sound quality was impacted during those times.
- Things to do at home - ideas to get you started!
- VIDEO RESOURCES
The Bible Project - Resource covering key biblical themes, an overview of books of the Bible and more.
- BOOK RESOURCES - Spiritual growth books recommended by the teaching team and pastoral staff.
- DAVE RAMSEY BLOG - "What to Do If You're out of Work"