The COVID-19 situation changes virtually every day. Follow the links in the sidebar for the most up-to-date information.
March 18, 2020
March 16, 2020
Things are changing quickly during this unprecedented time. We move forward with love and trust, with a commitment to keep our community safe. There are many unique opportunities for us as a church to love and serve each other and our community.
If you watched Pastor Marc's message this past weekend, you're aware that leadership decided to suspend all programming immediately, including small groups. Some programming will move online, this is being worked on behind the scenes.
More information coming this Tuesday afternoon/evening.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
March 12, 2020
Dear Church Family,
We have been closely monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments. We've been in touch with city and state officials and thinking through best practices. Oven the years our posture has always been to serve our city and the surrounding communities well. In light of today's "Public Health Emergency" declared by Governor Evers and the recommendations of our state health department, we are making the following changes:
Weekend Services – Starting this weekend, March 14/15, we will be suspending regular weekend services for the foreseeable future. However, we are grateful to be able to offer streaming services online on Sundays at 9 & 10:30 am. Join us this weekend as we share a special message on "Finding peace in the storms of life."
Weekly Programming – At this time we will continue with weekly programming as it is under the 250 person recommended threshold. It is okay if you choose to stay home from any Door Creek Church activity. It's also important to do the following:
- If you are sick, have a fever or cough, please remain home
- Wait two weeks to come to any Door Creek activity after traveling to a Level 2 or 3 country
- If you test positive for the COVID-19 virus and have recently attended church activities, please let us know
THREE WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Pray – Pray for those who are vulnerable and who have been impacted by the virus, as well as their loved ones and all health care providers and caregivers. We want to encourage those of you who are healthy to meet and pray in Life Groups. If you would like to be part of a Group, click here.
- Serve – As we write this note, we are in conversation with our partners across the city to better understand how we can support and serve those who live among us. Having said that, we have a special commitment to our own church family. Let's look out for each other (especially the sick and the elderly), pray for each other and let us know how we might serve you.
- Give – As we continue our weekly ministry offerings, please remember to support Christ's mission here through your online gifts.
At this time in history we are confident that God is in control, that fear is not from God and that we are given a unique opportunity to understand what it means to be Christ's church and what it looks like to be His hands and feet in this world.
Together for Christ,
Marc, Bev & Mark
Strategic Leadership Team