SATURDAY, AUGUST 25
Serve Day 2018 is a one-day event that is designed to bring the entire Door Creek Church community together to serve our local schools. There are opportunities for all ages to get involved and make a difference!
We will need LOTS of volunteers for the morning of Serve Day at each of our three school partners as well as to staff the Block Party at Mendota Elementary in the afternoon.
EAGLE POINT ELEMENTARY
9 am - 12 noon
9 am - 12 noon
MENDOTA ELEMENTARY -
9 am - 12 noon | 1 pm - 4 pm
SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE
As a part of this year’s Serve event, we have the opportunity to gather school supplies for our local elementary school partners: Mendota Elementary School (Madison), Westside Elementary School (Sun Prairie) and Eagle Point Elementary School (DeForest). Collect however many of the following items you are able to and deliver them to your Door Creek Church campus by Sunday, August 19. (They'll be delivered Serve weekend to the schools.) Your donation will make a big difference for kids in this upcoming school year!
- K – Grade 5 sized, heavy duty
- Healthy Snacks
- Individually wrapped
- Crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars, etc. Whenever possible, please buy organic, low sodium, low sugar varieties of these items so our gifts are of the highest quality.
- School Supplies
- Crayons, pencils, washable markers, kid-size scissors, folders, erasers, pens, lined paper, etc.
- Craft Supplies
- Glitter glue, pom poms, pipe cleaners, beads, etc.
- Laundry detergent, basic toiletries (soap, toothpaste, etc.), ear buds